[OSM-dev] Patch for osm2pgsql "duplicate keys"

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:37:50 GMT 2011

On 11 December 2011 10:51, Andrew M. Bishop <amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> My own personal need is to import great_britain.osm and then add
> ireland.osm both using data from geofabrik.  Either file can be
> imported on its own and the only duplicate data comes from the tiny
> overlap of the two data sets.  With this patch I can run osm2pgsql
> twice, the first of which is fast because there is no duplicate data
> to worry about and the second of which is fast because although there
> is duplicate data there are not as many objects in the second file.
> With this command line option it is faster to import now than it was
> with both patches applied.
>
> osm2pgsql --create              [...] great_britain.osm
> osm2pgsql --append --allow-dups [...] ireland.osm

Ok, that's weird because --append is supposed to allow duplicates
already, that's why the MODIFY flag exists already. Otherwise it would
be a bit pointless.

Secondly, your patch changes some places where it does MODIFY now to
using CREATE, so I imagine it's going to break some stuff in normal
use.

Have a nice day,