[OSM-dev] IP limit issue when doing mapping parties on a network with NAT

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Dec 12 16:04:30 GMT 2011

Andreas Hammershøj wrote:
> Any news of progress on this subject?

The other thing that could be done is to make P2 ask for less data. At
present every pan results in a request for all the data within the onscreen
area. In theory, we can reduce this by only asking (in several calls) for
the areas that isn't already loaded.

Matt wrote some excellent Ruby code to calculate these areas. I got most of
the way through translating it into ActionScript 3 for use in Potlatch 2,
but got a bit bamboozled by some of the Ruby iterator magick. I haven't got
the code on this machine but I'll locate it and post it in case anyone can
help me with that bit. :)

cheers
Richard