[OSM-dev] speeding up loading an OSM dump into PostGIS?

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Dec 15 11:44:02 GMT 2011

Hi,

On jeudi 15 décembre 2011, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> But: Anyone who really wants to, and has the resources to, can set up a
> full database today, feed it with minutely diffs through Osmosis

That is true, but there are no solutions for bellow minute synchronisation
(like near real time synchronisation)
Altough the need for real time synchronisation is limited, as a mapper I face,
sometimes,  main API slowdowns, http 500 answers and other irritating
conditions. Almost always in retrieving operations, not writing operations.

Maybe, and only "maybe", one or two ro api servers could help in those cases
Maybe, still "maybe", a 2 or 3 minutes behind ro api could do the job but I
don't know if that whould cause risks of editing an object of the past.

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org