[OSM-dev] IP limit issue when doing mapping parties on a network with NAT

Andreas Hammershøj AHA at dcf.dk
Fri Dec 16 10:21:47 GMT 2011

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Peter Körner [mailto:osm-lists at mazdermind.de]
Sendt: 16. december 2011 10:56
Til: Andreas Hammershøj
Cc: dev at openstreetmap.org
Emne: Re: SV: [OSM-dev] IP limit issue when doing mapping parties on a network with NAT

Am 16.12.2011 09:39, schrieb Andreas Hammershøj:
>> Well, you could download the area of interest via the homepage export function as .osm file and place it on a network share / usb stick. The Editors of the mapping party would open that file, do their changes and upload from there.
>
> The solution with a local copy sounds interesting, but because of the time available and the average computer skills of the course participants, we teach Potlatch2. Is it possible to do this with Potlatch?

I don't think so, but maybe then Potlatch is the wrong tool for your task. If you get to that conclusion, there are two possibilities: modify the tool or choose one that suits your needs better. Maybe you should give JOSM a try ;)

Peter

Hi Peter,
we're aware that using JOSM would counter this problem, but we have deemed JOSM too complicated. Many of our participants are recently retired, with limited computer skills. They have enough of a challenge just learning to use P2. Also, we normally have only around 7 hours at our disposal to get people editing safely, without being menaces to the map;)

Andreas