[OSM-dev] speeding up loading an OSM dump into PostGIS?

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Fri Dec 16 18:58:37 GMT 2011

Hi,

> We're working
> hard on getting the relevant hardware in place to start trialling this
> out, but it's a big project.

Many thanks for the insight

> The original topic was about replication for rendering, so a comment
> on that

Whooops, I haven't read that thread far enough in the past to discover I'm off
topic.
I do agree that livre replication for rendering has few to no interests, and I
was talking about live replication in order to load balance editing read
calls.

I'll start a new topic about that later but we are in the process of acquiring
3 huge servers for our activities in France, one of wich might be used for
API ro calls and I'll conduct a few tests to check if a 3 minutes lag behing
main db doesn't have significant edits drawbacks.
Final goal is having faster and less limited ro api for editing

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org