[OSM-dev] Script for generating stats by region?

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Dec 19 23:19:44 GMT 2011

I'd like to generate some HTML or wiki tables for my county showing
percentage/number/length of roads that fit some criteria, like
unedited TIGER, unreviewed TIGER, no maxspeed, etc., giving some hard
numbers to what all the visualization tools like ITO show. I'd like to
break it down by school and/or political boundaries. If I have to I'll
write something in Python that uses polygon files and Osmosis to split
the data and count these features up, then generate the tables, but
I'm wondering what might exist out there already. I couldn't  easily
find anything on the wiki under the stats or QA pages.

Thanks,
-Josh