[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql get_way not exists

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 13:29:02 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 01/-10/-28163 08:59 PM, Jaak Laineste wrote:
> Hello,
>  I'm working on keeping planet database up-to-date. Not successful
> yet, it tends to lag behind due to IO speed/configuration (on raid-5
> with sata 10K disks - it should work, right?), 12-hour update takes
> 11-14 hours for me. Anyway, the current question is that osm2pgsql
> (with verbose output) gives in relation processing following:
>
> processing relation (1) at 0.03/sget_way failed: ERROR:  prepared
> statement "get_way" does not exist

>From when is your version of osm2pgsql?

A few weeks ago, I noticed that this was happening if you are using the
-e tile expiry option of osm2pgsql.

I thought I had fixed this issue with my commit from the 18th of December.

What is the command-line option you are using?

> (7)
> Arguments were: -2945,
> Error occurred, cleaning up
> get_way failed: ERROR:  prepared statement "get_way" does not exist
> (7)
> Arguments were: -3192,
> Error occurred, cleaning up
> get_way failed: ERROR:  prepared statement "get_way" does not exist
> (7)
> Arguments were: -3325,
> Error occurred, cleaning up
>
> Is this something to worry about, or just a way in a relation is missing?

Yes, this is an error during processing and will cause it not to work
correctly. I think it doesn't corrupt the data, so the next time you
call osm2pgsql and these errors don't occur, it should fix it self and
clean up the db (left over pending ways).

Kai