[OSM-dev] [API] What characters to escape in tag keys/values?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Dec 30 15:36:54 GMT 2011

On 30/12/11 15:19, Chris Browet wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 15:41, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com
> <mailto:gravitystorm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sorry not to be able to help directly! Maybe if you can provide a
>     payload that the devs can replay against a local copy of the rails
>     port, that would help. And feel free to experiment against
>     http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org
>

> Thanks.
>
> Here is an osmchange showing th issue:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7264433/test.osc

I'm still unclear what API method exactly is giving you the problem...

When I read your original email I assumed you were talking about
problems reading such an entity from the API but in that case I assume
you would have given a URL for the problem object or area.

So are you talking about a diff upload? An individual object PUT call?

I would also mention of course that bugs should really be reported in
trac with full details of how to reproduce them.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/