[OSM-dev] What can we do to get a tile.openstreetmap.org contributable CDN within a month?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Dec 30 17:23:15 GMT 2011

I would love to monitor such discussion and contribute if I think I have
something to offer.  Will such discussion be here on the [OSM-dev} or
elsewhere?

I currently use the freely available CoralCDN (http://www.coralcdn.org/)
to distribute updates to my APRSISCE/32 APRS client software
(http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/), but have mixed results (like only about
50% success, but every cached delivery saves my original bandwidth).
Thankfully I built in a direct backup link that picks up the slack from
the failures.

Theoretically the CoralCDN could be used for distributing OSM tiles by
simply suffixing the domain with ".nyud.net", but I have not tried this
yet.  There would be little to no intelligence brought to bear on how
long individual tiles would be cached vs flushed and/or whether
mixed-revision tiles would be present in and delivered from the cache,
not to mention that I don't think the CoralCDN passes through the
original User-Agent either.