[OSM-dev] capitals; normalizing true, yes and 1 - additional idea

Andreas Kalsch andreaskalsch at gmx.de
Mon Feb 7 19:25:22 GMT 2011

How I would do post-processing OSM tags:

name: 'München'
name:en: 'Munich'
noexit: 'yes'
addr:street: 'Weg'
date:'2011-01-02'

becomes:

name: {
_: 'München'
en: 'Munich'
}
noexit: true
addr: {
street: 'Weg'
}
date: new Date(...)

This could be the result of a post-processing script so that your application can rely on better
data consistency. It makes sense to put namespaced tags in their own object. Of course, finally, it
depends on your application. It's more well-suited for creating views than for indexing.

Andi