[OSM-dev] Is There Any Other Java Toolkit for OSM File Processing except Osmosis?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Mon Feb 21 18:24:02 GMT 2011

On 21.02.2011 17:41, Zhijie Shen wrote:
> Osmosis is command line based application. However, I want to integrate
> the data processing into my codes. Therefore, is there any other java
> programmable library for osm file processing except Osmosis? Or can I
> use some of Osmosis jars to integrate into my codes?

It's possible to use Osmosis jars as a library in other Java programs.
I'm using the --read-xml task in this manner myself, and I assume that
it should be possible to do something similar with the other tasks.

It works well for me. And the fact that Osmosis itself has even been
placed in to the public domain makes it even more attractive.

Tobias Knerr