[OSM-dev] imposm.parser - New Python library for OSM XML and PBF files

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Feb 22 10:56:05 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the first open source release of our OpenStreetMap
parser. It is a simple to use Python library that parses XML and PBF files.

It uses C extensions for performance critical parts and automatically
distributes the parsing across multiple CPUs/cores (for PBF and XML!).

It is released under the Apache Software License 2.0.

Package:       http://pypi.python.org/pypi/imposm.parser
Documentation: http://dev.omniscale.net/imposm.parser/
Source code:   https://bitbucket.org/olt/imposm.parser/src

As the name already suggests, imposm.parser is only a sub-package of a larger
project: Imposm. It is an importer for OSM data that we are going to release
in a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Oliver

--