[OSM-dev] POI layer refusing to talk to server php

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Fri Jan 7 14:40:28 GMT 2011

Hi!

I am trying to establish an overlay with clickable POIs over a map. I
started from the OL dynamic POI example [1].

What I have so far:
- a Vector layer with BBOX strategy, that shows the POIs when handed a text
file
- a server side PHP script that creates a short text file from the database

The problem:
I cannot get them to work together. When I assign the URL of the php script
to the vector layer instead of the text file, POIs are no longer shown.
Firebug shows a return code 200, but displays it in red.

When I copy the request URL from Firebug  into the Browser, the php script
is called and sends exactly the expected text. When I save this text locally
and assign it as data source to the Vector, the expected POIs are shown
correctly. So the data seems to be correct.

I just cannot get OpenLayers Vector and the PHP to talk together. Any ideas
why this is failing?

bye
                   Nop

[1] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/dynamic-