[OSM-dev] POI layer refusing to talk to server php

sylvain letuffe liste at letuffe.org
Sun Jan 9 15:47:58 GMT 2011

NopMap wrote:

> The problem:
> I cannot get them to work together. When I assign the URL of the php
> script to the vector layer instead of the text file, POIs are no longer
> shown. Firebug shows a return code 200, but displays it in red.

Without proper link to the php and OL page, it might be a bit hard to
trouble shoot, but given that content of the plain text file and content
returned by the php script are the same, I would start searching for http
headers sent by apache and compare them.

My guess whould be that the returned content-type is not the same from your
php script and your text file.

Without any tweaks, php scripts returns Content-Type: text/html, while your
text file has a content-type guessed differently by apache. This might,
confuse OL, but that's only a guess.
Try a wget -S to check for differences

--
sly