[OSM-dev] Fwd: [OpenStreetMap] ODbL

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:38:48 GMT 2011

On 11 January 2011 05:29, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> JOSM, in its latest versions, gives you direct access to the list of
> acceptors so whenever you select an object you will see who has edited it
> last, and whether that person has agreed to the CT. It would be great to
> have an automatism for an "in-depth" check that also looks at the object
> history; I guess we'll implement that next (albeit this can only be done on
> demand for individual edits, lest it would batter the API with too many
> history requests).

Except that OSM doesn't keep complete edit histories for split
objects, rather than looking at the history it might be better to try
and calculate the complete history of object IDs combined with editor
IDs, although even this would only be best guess since a copy and
paste could probably make things almost impossible.