[OSM-dev] Tirex - Rendering jobs stucked in the queue

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Fri Jan 14 11:30:40 GMT 2011

Dne pátek 14 Leden 2011 11:40:07 jste napsal(a):

> Sometimes there are tiles that take longer to render than the timeout for
> the renderer. Then the renderer will be killed before the tile is rendered
> and the tile will remain in the queue. If the slow rendering was because
> of some temporary reason, it will render faster the next time and
> everything is ok. But if the rendering is always slow it will try again
> and again and always fail. You can change the rendering timeout in the
> configuration, but it probably means your system is to slow.

This seems reasonable but I think this is not the case. Tile rendering takes
at most 10 seconds on the slow machine so on the fast one it should be
something about 2-3 second at most. Furthermore, the default
"master_rendering_timeout" is 10 minutes.

Thank you for the new perspective anyway.

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz