[OSM-dev] Minutely Database Update of Planet Extract

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:54:17 GMT 2011

Thanks Stefan,
I think that is the answer I was looking for - I think your SQL is deleting
ways etc. that do not refer to existing nodes in the db?
I will give it a go, and see if my poor little virtual machine can cope - it
is certainly struggling now the database has got so big.

Would you mind if I added a link from the minutely Mapnik page to your
solution?

Regards

Graham.

On 25 January 2011 20:46, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de> wrote:

> On 25.01.2011 21:28, Graham Jones wrote:
>
>> Is there a trick I am missing to do the bounding box extraction correctly?
>>

> applying only a bounding box is not supported. You have to clean out ways
> and relations from time to time.
>

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Stephankn/knowledgebase#Cleanup_of_ways_outside_the_bounding_box
>
> Without this your DB will grow over a GB per week.
>
> Stephan

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.