[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql segmentation fault

Parveen Arora parveenaroraosm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 15:47:19 GMT 2011

Hello to all,
I am trying to import mapfile.osm.bz2 to database postgresql with
using osm2pgsql.
nodes and ways are Importing well but it is showing segmentation fault
to import relations into the databse.
For this I am using Ubuntu10.04 and following tutorial
http://weait.com/content/build-your-own-openstreetmap-server

After using command:

./osm2pgsql -S default.style --slim -d nos -C 2048
/home/parveen/planet/india.osm.bz2

The error I got is
osm2pgsql SVN version 0.70.5

Using projection SRS 900913 (Spherical Mercator)
Unknown flag 'hard' line 37, ignored
Setting up table: planet_osm_point
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_point" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_point_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: planet_osm_line
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_line" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_line_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: planet_osm_polygon
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_polygon" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_polygon_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: planet_osm_roads
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_roads" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_roads_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Mid: pgsql, scale=100, cache=2048MB, maxblocks=262145*8192
Setting up table: planet_osm_nodes
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_nodes" does not exist, skipping
"planet_osm_nodes_pkey" for table "planet_osm_nodes"
Setting up table: planet_osm_ways
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_ways" does not exist, skipping
"planet_osm_ways_pkey" for table "planet_osm_ways"
Setting up table: planet_osm_rels
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_rels" does not exist, skipping
"planet_osm_rels_pkey" for table "planet_osm_rels"

Reading in file: /home/parveen/planet/india.osm.bz2
Processing: Node(3250k) Way(198k) Relation(0)Segmentation fault

Relation(0) Indicates relation is not loading

Why this is happening?
Please let me know If I am doing somthing wrong

--
With Kind Regards
Parveen Arora