[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql segmentation fault

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Sun Jan 30 17:23:50 GMT 2011

Hi Parveen,

On 30.01.2011 16:47, Parveen Arora wrote:
Your problem is this:

> Processing: Node(3250k) Way(198k) Relation(0)Segmentation fault
"Segmentation fault" indicates that the program has crashed. It's not
surprising that the result is not what you expect.

> Why this is happening?
> Please let me know If I am doing somthing wrong
This is a lot more interesting. First: It's the fault of osm2pgsql. It
must not crash. regardless of what probably corrupted input you give.

It would be interesting to know the exact code location it crashes to
track down the code part that causes the crash.

Do you have core files? These could be loaded into GDB to examine the
call-stack at the time of the crash.

In case your system has no core-creation enabled (check with ulimit -c)
give it some memory for cores.

e.g. ulimit -c 100000

Based on these results the rroot cause could be determined.

Stephan