[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql, .o5m import interface

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:30:12 BST 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 15:01 +0200, marqqs at gmx.eu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yesterday I wrote an import interface for .o5m and .o5c files ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/o5m ).
> May I add the source file (parse-o5m.c) to the regular osm2pgsql sources?

Can we see the code? Maybe attach it to a ticket in trac.

I am more than happy to see new formats being supported by osm2pgsql
provided they don't interfere too much with the existing code. My main
concern would be whether the changes introduce new external
dependencies. Ideally anything which adds a new dependency should be
made a conditional compilation option and have auto-detection in the
configure script.

Please also remember to increase the version number.