[OSM-dev] Converting OSM Mapnik stylesheet to Cascadenik or Carto

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:11:29 BST 2011

There's still a lot of things that Cascadenik does much better than
Carto (e.g. datasource definitions and templating) and I don't know
how many people (other than me) have even attempted running carto on
openstreetmap stuff outwith tilemill - from what I've seen so far it's
a bit awkward there too. But yeah, Cascadenik is going through a bit
of a development pause it seems.

It's not really anything to do with Foundation by the way, it's
entirely up to the osm-mapnik stylesheet maintainers how they want to
develop the style, and what tools and technologies suits them best.

Cheers,
Andy