[OSM-dev] Kothic JS - a full-featured JavaScript map rendering engine using HTML5 Canvas

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Jun 11 12:44:11 BST 2011

2011-06-11 Komяpa wrote:
> Vector tiles are served from cache if it is available there, and are
> generated on the fly if there's nothing in cache. Minsk, the "default
> city" on demo map, is in cache entirely.

>From your wiki[1] and the example tiles linked there I get the
impression that the vector tiles contain plain OSM tags. To what extent
are tags and features in there filtered or otherwise optimized based on
the stylesheet(s) used by the client renderers?

I'm asking because it would be even more awesome if you could use the
same set of vector tiles for completely different map styles, or switch
between, say, name:ru and name:en for labels purely client-side.

-- Tobias Knerr

[1] https://github.com/kothic/kothic-js/wiki/Tiles-format