[OSM-dev] A couple of new Osmosis plugins: osmosis-simplifyways, osmosis-fastused

Igor Podolskiy igor.podolskiy at vwi-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 14 18:33:19 BST 2011

Hi @dev,

for a current project I wrote some Osmosis tasks which were useful to
me, and as they were more or less generic I thought they might as well
be useful for others, too. So, without further ado, here they are:

* osmosis-simplifyways
http://github.com/podolsir/osmosis-simplifyways

Provides the "--simplify-ways" task which is a straightforward
Ramer-Douglas-Peucker way geometry simplifier.

* osmosis-fastused
http://github.com/podolsir/osmosis-fastused

Provides "fast-used-node" and "fast-used-way" tasks which are way faster
than the standard used-* tasks for some use cases, especially
restrictive tag-based filtering. The downside is that they are also way
more complicated to use. Use your judgment (and the documentation) to
find out whether you want to use them or not.

There is documentation on the github pages and also the precompiled
versions in the download area. Needless to say, comments, bug reports,
forks and pull requests are welcome, just use the appropriate github
features ;)

Have fun with the plugins,
Greetings from Stuttgart,
Igor