[OSM-dev] XAPI: Any difference between 'map' and '*' and between '[bbox=...]' and '?bbox=...'?

Philipp Borgers borgers at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 15 11:31:38 BST 2011

The map query is functionally identical to the tag
query /api/0.6/*[bbox=left,bottom,right,top]

Quote from the wiki page ;)

XAPI is an extended api which implements a bit more than the normal api.
Perhaps there is some redundancy but I think this is not a problem.
Keeping the application compatible with older clients is a good move.

Perhaps you can add a comment to the wiki to make everything a bit more
understandable?

Regards

Philipp