[OSM-dev] Tirex Bucket Configuration

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jun 15 17:26:24 BST 2011

Hi,

On 06/15/11 18:18, NopMap wrote:
> On a side note: I have always had the problem that tirex on my server
> crashes on occasion (about once a month) while adding a few 1000 new tiles
> for rendering to a non-empty queue.

I had that earlier; for some reason tirex-batch and the master process
managed to get stuck talking to each other. r23241 fixed it for me but I
guess you already have that (September 2010).

> I'm still looking for a solution as the crash is pretty bad, taking down the
> whole apache server.

I'm surprised that could happen; even if the master was frozen, then the
most that should happen is that every mod_tile attempt to speak to the
master would fail, but normal Apache operations (not talking to master)
should continue normally.

Bye
Frederik