[OSM-dev] Do we need world boundaries for small areas?

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Mon Jun 20 17:31:47 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:54 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Koppenhoefer
> The shapefiles are used in this layer (in inc/ ):
> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/inc/layer-shapefiles.xml.inc
>
> As you can see the simple boundaries are used only in z1-3 and the
> populated areas in z3 and 4. There is also a shape called "built-up"
> used in z8-10 which I am not sure what it is, but it might be also
> populated areas. Above z10 there is only OSM-Data (and coastlines)
> used.
So means that all are required to generate the map below z10.
There are files of populated places, admin boundary lines, processed,
shoreline and world boundaries spherical.

what is the meaning by spherical world boundaries.

--
Parveen Arora
www.parveenarora.in
E-Mail: mail at parveenarora.in