[OSM-dev] osmosis stuck, possible to debug?

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Wed Jun 22 20:19:25 BST 2011

On 22.06.2011 21:00, Stephan Knauss wrote:
> For me it looks like it got stuck inside some method checking the
> server state. How is it supposed to handle network timeouts and such
> things?

is osmosis setting a timeout at all? Is there any global setting in
effect? getConnectTimeout() could return a value. In case this is 0 it's
the problem we all experience with it waiting infinitely.

I guess it's this code:
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/osmosis/trunk/replication/src/org/openstreetmap/osmosis/replication/common/ServerStateReader.java

			stateStream = stateUrl.openStream();

according to Javadoc it's a shorthand for
  openConnection().getInputStream()

I propose to replace this with

URLConnection connection = stateUrl.openConnection();
connection.setReadTimeout(15*60*1000); // timeout 15 minutes
connection.setConnectTimeout(15*60*1000); // timeout 15 minutes
stateStream = connection.getInputStream();

Could this be tested by someone more familiar with the code than I am?

Stephan