[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql installs default.style to /usr/share/osm2pgsql but searches in /usr/share

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Jun 27 15:45:55 BST 2011

Parveen Arora wrote:
> I have always used osm2pgsql by compiling the source, and I don't
> remember I have faced any problem like that till now, But in case If I
> had may be i had placed the file to its correct location to get it
> worked.

Maybe. I have the problem and I posted a URL where a debian user reported the
same bug.

If you have a /usr/share/default.style, then you placed it there on your own.
This definetly is not the right place for this file. It should be located below
/usr/share/osm2pgsql and the binary should read it from there without needing
the -S switch.

The bug even already existed on trac. I just had to add my patch there.

> Version we install through apt-get install osm2pgsql is old than the
> source available to compilation If I am not wrong.

Doesn't change anything. I had a look at the SVN server and the Makefile.am,
available there, still has the bug described here.

There is one thing, I don't understand: Why does noone seem to be interested in
this bug? It's a simple change. Two patches exists. One older version and the
new version, I've attached.

Is one of the developers of osm2pgsql reading this mailing list?

Yours

Manuel