[OSM-dev] Mapnik2 in Tirex?

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed Jun 29 12:26:56 BST 2011

Am 29.06.2011 12:52, schrieb M∡rtin Koppenhoefer:
> 2011/6/29 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer<dieterdreist at gmail.com>:
>>> Bzw. is there a way to run the backend manually from shell?
>> I am not sure about the syntax how to call it, if I do:
>> $ /usr/lib/tirex/backends/mapnik
>> I get:
>> Cannot load any Mapnik styles
>

> This is an error from the renderDaemon in renderd.cc because
> mHandlerMap.empty() is true. Unfortunately I am not able to understand
> how to actually pass this style to the backend.

The styles are passed via environment variables:

     tmp = getenv("TIREX_BACKEND_MAP_CONFIGS");
     if (tmp)
     {
         char *dup = strdup(tmp);
         char *tkn = strtok(dup, " ");
         while (tkn)
         {
             loadMapnikWrapper(tkn);
             tkn = strtok(NULL, " ");
         }
     }

I think this should help getting the renderer running without tirex:
<http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/tirex/test/backend-test.sh>

Peter