[OSM-dev] Inherited an OSM server - guidance needed please

Stephen Westrip steve.westrip at metafour.com
Wed Mar 9 16:23:45 GMT 2011

On 17 February 2011 16:36, Stephan Plepelits
<skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What I often use is
> select procpid, query_start, current_query from pg_stat_activity
> ... tells you what queries are running right now and how long they take.
>
> greetings,
>        Stephan
> --
> Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich
> ,---------------------------------------------------------------------.
> | Stephan Plepelits,                                                  |
> | Technische Universität Wien   -    Studien Informatik & Raumplanung |
> | Projects:                                                           |
> | > openstreetbrowser.org > couchsurfing.org > tubasis.at > bl.mud.at |
> | Contacts:                                                           |
> | > Mail: skunk at xover.mud.at > Jabber: skunk at jabber.at                |
> | > Blog: plepe.at > Twitter: twitter.com/plepe                       |
> `---------------------------------------------------------------------'

Thank you for all the responses that I had. I took up the suggestion of
extending the Tirex timeout to 2 hours, from the the default 10 minutes, and
tiles from levels 1-12 did not finished and timed out. Tiles from 13 and
lower all compiled correctly.

It seems, from my laymans perspective, that something is seriously amiss
with the whole setup and I am suspecting the connection with the Postgres
database. Could anyone give me some idea as to where I should look first?

Many thanks,
Stephen Westrip

* *
Stephen Westrip  •  Metafour UK Ltd  •  2 Berghem Mews, London W14 0HN  •
registered in England: 01528556
tel: 020 7912 2000   •   direct: 020 7912 2015   •   mobile: 07807 212209
•   website: www.metafour.com
This email is private & confidential; if you received it in error, please
notify us and delete it from your system