[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Video based speed limit detector

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:20:35 GMT 2011

Personally I think that any tool that can process a video recording in
a reasonable amount of time and detect most street signs will be a
significant accomplishment. Even if it does not integrate with an
editor.

Let's suppose your video stream is of high quality and the lighting
conditions are good. Now there is some stationary object like a pole
that obscures the street sign during some of the frames. For the tool
to be useful, it needs to handle it correctly.