[OSM-dev] osmosis, bounding boxes and updating

Martijn van Exel martijn at geodan.nl
Tue Mar 22 10:10:33 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'd like to keep an OSM PostGIS database for the Netherlands up-to-date
using osmosis. I am familiarizing myself with the process of:

* create database and load schema (I use the simple schema with the
linestring addition)
* osmosis --read-xml planet.xml --write-pgsql
* osmosis --read-change-interval-init
* osmosis --read-change-interval --write-pgsql-change

Is that the correct course of action?
Ideally I want to do this for a smaller geographical extent, but I can't
quite put my finger on how to do the replication task for a smaller
area. Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks,

--
Martijn van Exel