[OSM-dev] osmosis, bounding boxes and updating

Stephan Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 22 15:05:17 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 03:55:03PM +0100, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> I think I found the answer to my own question:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openstreetmap.org/msg03530.html
>
> In short: it's not possible to combine change streams with bounding
> boxes / polygons.
>
> Right?
Right.

What I was thinking what might work (never tried it) to take a country
export (e.g. Geofabrik or Cloudmade) every day build a diff between
yesterdays and todays version and use this for importing.

For sure you would have only one update per day.

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich