[OSM-dev] Osmfilter32 and ghost nodes

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:58:00 GMT 2011

Hi,
I'm trying osmfilter to filter out way and relations with a particular tag.
It works well, but there is a lot of 'ghost' nodes remaining after
filtering. Any ideas from what it's from?

    zcat planet_updated.osm.gz | ./osmfilter32 --drop-nodes | gzip -1
     >wr.osm.gz
    zcat wr.osm.gz | ./osmfilter32 --drop-ways | gzip -1 >r.osm.gz
    zcat lim.gz r.osm.gz wr.osm.gz lim.gz planet_updated.osm.gz |
    ./osmfilter32 -k"piste:type=nordic" >planet_osmfiltered.osm

After that I have a ton of amenity=parking, restaurants, ...

Yves