[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Mentor for 3D model repository project

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Sun Mar 27 09:55:59 BST 2011

Hi there,
I would like to participate at the Google Summer of Code this year, so I
suggested to create some kind of 3D model library and service, that
allows linking 3d shapes against OSM data.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GSoC_Project_Ideas_2011#3D_model_repository

I would like to use the Python Django framework but I have no
experiences with this technologie. Is there any Python expert, that
would like to support me as a GSoC mentor? Tordanik would help me on 3D
parts, so it's mostly the webservice part and managing a huge project
where help would be necessary.

Would be realy happy if we could boost the 3D topic
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/3D_Development

bye
Matthias