[OSM-dev] Multiple instances of Renderd?

Jason Lee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:28:20 BST 2011

Hi,
I have an OSM server up and running with map tiles dynamically generated
using Mod_tile/renderd. I am thinking of generating maps in alternative
cartographic map styles and I know that you can specify up to 10 Mapnik
stylesheets when running up renderd.

I was just wondering if there is any benefit of running more than 1 instance
of renderd each using their own renderd.conf file and perhaps generating
maps in their own style? Hope this query makes sense and maybe that setup is
not possible at all - any help/suggestion much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason