[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql slow on update import

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Tue May 3 16:22:44 BST 2011

Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:

> On subsequent updates osm2psgql does not have node information in memory
> anymore, so it must request the node information from PostgreSQL. This takes
> orders of magnitudes longer to do than a hit to memory.

I just read about new features in PostgreSQL 9.1:
http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/440666/9e4ce441eec52b02/

Could the "Unlogged tables" feature be helpful here?

Sven

--
"In my opinion MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good
operating systems" (Linus Torvalds, August 1997)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web