[OSM-dev] how long does it take to generate the full-history dump?

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Thu May 5 00:49:43 BST 2011

the last one took about 60 hours  - 2011-04-18 00:00 is the time
according to the file name, 2011-04-20 12:11 is the file timestamp.
that's not completely accurate, but is probably to within an hour or
two.

note that the full planet dump is not optimised for speed - nor would
we want it to be, as the more resources are devoted to the dump, the
fewer are available to editors - the availability of minutely / hourly
replication dumps makes it kinda pointless anyway.

cheers,

matt