[OSM-dev] Paging the tile server admins

Ant The Limey antthelimey at gmail.com
Thu May 5 22:32:41 BST 2011

FWIW, after several years dealing w. Lawyers and vendors on the commercial side of the MapQuest Developer products, where there may be restrictive terms that have to be passed on to the user (dev or consumer) that conflict with broader functionality intended to be independent from the restrictive content exposed by default...I managed to get four different lawyers to agree with the following statement:

One is legally required to legally constrain, but one is not legally required to technically constrain.

In other words, i can give you a map API that has a removeCopyright function call, as long as in my terms i tell you you can't use if you are displaying OSM data.

I'm sure you can easily find 4 lawyers that won't agree...but I think thats the point of being a lawyer?

Ant

Sent from my iPad