[OSM-dev] Filename extensions for OSM files

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed May 11 10:13:37 BST 2011

Am 10.05.2011 22:31, schrieb David Paleino:
> On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:58:40 +0200, Peter Körner wrote:
>
>> Frederik mentioned mime-types, I'd suggest (not knowing if I'd break any
>> convention using multiple + symbols):
>>
>> application/x-osm+xml for .osm
>> [..]
>
> I'd suggest we should also implement some magic(5) lines for file(1).

Well, that would only work if you could differentiate between osm, osh
and osc files by looking at the first lines.

osm-files have an <osm ../>-tag, osc-files start with <osmChange ../>
but osh-files are, currently, only osm-files with a visible-attribute on
each entity - so no way to distinguish them from osm-files.

Peter