[OSM-dev] courtyards

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 23:45:58 BST 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 23:37 +0100, Jon Burgess wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 00:09 +0200, Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:
> > On 2011-05-09 11:31, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> > > 2011/5/9 Bernhard Zwischenbrugger<bz at datenkueche.com>:
> > This building ist rendered correctly:
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/58076
> >
> > and this
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/11151
> > is not rendered with courtyard.
> >
> > Where is the difference.
>
> For some reason the wrong data was being held in the rendering database
> for this multipolyon. This happens from time to time and the exact
> reason is unclear. There is probably a sequence of edits which fails to
> trigger the correct multipolygon handling on osm2pgsql.
>
> I have manually forced the internal update on this multipolygon and it
> seems to have resolved the issue.

Actually this may be a difference in behaviour (or bug) in the recent
PBF support of osm2pgsql. The regular XML import code drops all
created_by tags but the PBF code does not appear to do this.

Since some of your relations have a created_by tag this confuses the
code into rendering the outer ring as a building with a complete solid
fill instead of treating the multipolygon as the building.

   Jon