[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql for 64-bit IDs

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat May 21 11:52:04 BST 2011

Hi,

On 05/21/2011 03:53 AM, Igor Brejc wrote:
> Can you give some rough estimates on how much time we still have until
> this 64bit issue comes up?

My rough estimate would be that it *may* happen around the end of this
year, but more likely around mid-2012. Of course this depends heavily on
how good we are at stopping data importers going crazy ;-)

Just look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Osmdbstats2.png and
ask yourself when that line reaches ~2 billion (take into account that
the line only indicates the number of visible nodes; the highest node id
tends to be about 20% higher than the number of visible nodes).

Bye
Frederik