[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql: parse-xml2.c:100: StartElement: Assertion `xlon' failed.

marqqs at gmx.eu marqqs at gmx.eu
Tue May 31 06:48:12 BST 2011

Hi Frederik,

> That would not break osm2pgsql but make it less resilient against
> nonsensical input. I have checked in a change (r26083) that hopefully
> does it right.

Thanks!!

I'm trying to get smaller .osc files. Some of the data isn't absolutely necessary if you just want to keep your database up-to-date in order to render maps:
- version, timestamp, changeset, uid, user,
- for all objects which are to be deleted: everything but their ids.

Of course, then you cannot check for continuous updates at the time you merge the .osc file, but this isn't crucial for most applications. The point is, you would save up to 50% file size.

Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------