[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql output possible to work with Java XAPI?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue May 31 23:48:53 BST 2011

Hi Ian, hi all

2011/5/31 Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since OSM format (and thus XAPI/JXAPI) does not natively support polygons,
> you'll have to come up with something else to use to query the database.
> osm2pgsql will convert OSM data to polygons for you, but it does not offer a
> way to query for those polygons.

Thanks for the hints.

As I also said to Jukka: the webservices and the query component are
not my problem - the import software is. I'm using PostGIS-Terminal
and an enhanced FeatureServer as query components.

Given my use case I still tend to prefer to adapt osm2psql. Here I
still don't understand why JXAPI does not get all data required to
build a response XML: osm2pgsql outputs tables
osm_nodes,osm_rels,osm_ways (as well as
osm_line,osm_point,osm_polygon,osm_roads). To complete the OSM XML to
me what it's missing is perhaps the XML attribute 'version' in the
tables.

Can somebody explain why this doesn't work and what coding to enhance
osm2pgsql this would mean?

Yours, Stefan