[OSM-dev] OAuth down

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 19:15:36 GMT 2011

Hey Tom,

Thanks again for your efforts!
I'm now using 1.0a (setting a callback when requesting a token) and it
works fine again.

My concerns now are to avoid the authorization multiplication ie. to
prevent users from being asked several times for a permission they
already gave.
Shouldn't there be a mechanism that verifies that the application has
already been authorized?

In this application [1] described here [2], once the user has
authorized the application, he can log in again and again without
being asked for permission unless he goes to the profile and revokes
the authorization intentionaly.
[1] http://facebook-auth.appspot.com/
[2] http://facebook-python-library.docs-library.appspot.com/facebook-python/examples/oauth.html

Here's the workflow (succession of pages with their respective status
code or user actions):
1/ appspot home -> user clicks on login link -> appspot login (302) ->
FB authorize (302) -> FB permissions.request (200) -> user click on
authorize button -> FB permissions.request (302) -> appspot home (200)
2/ appspot home -> user clicks on logout link -> cookies are reset
3/ appspot home -> user clicks on login -> appspot login (302) -> FB
authorize (302) -> FB permissions.request (302) -> appspot home (200)

Is it possible to have the same behavior with 1.0a? Do I have to do
something specific on my side? Or is it something that needs to be
handled server-side?

Cheers,
Pierre