[OSM-dev] keeping thematic planet extract up to date

marqqs at gmx.eu marqqs at gmx.eu
Wed Oct 19 12:45:34 BST 2011

Hello,

> An alternative toolchain for keeping up-to-date thematic extracts (here:
> public transport information) is described here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Openptmap/Installation

the Wiki page is very long and might be confusing because two different approaches are described. Just look at this diagram:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Openptmap/Installation#Schematic_Diagram

The listed programs (osmupdate, osmfilter, osmconvert) will be faster in this scenario, but if you are already using Osmosis, I would suggest to use it for update, filtering and merging too. If something should not work out as requested, you sill can change to the alternative program triple.

Markus