[OSM-dev] OverpassAPI down?

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Sun Oct 23 20:55:28 BST 2011

Hello,

> I'm not sure whether I'm addressing the right people. Please point me
> into the right direction if not.
[...]
> Who is maintaining this API? Would be nice if this could be fixed.

It's me who is maintaining the API. Thank you for reporting the problem. The
problem should be fixed now.

The server did a hard reset for an unknown reason (it is hosted at a service
provider) and did not come up properly again. Another sudden restart would
cause a similar failure at the moment, but this is the first hard restart after
more than a year, so I won't expect any other sudden restarts.

Best regards,

Roland