[OSM-dev] How to Develop a Plugin for JOSM

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:19:25 BST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Joerg Moldenhauer
<moldenhauer at cip.ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to develop a little plugin for JOSM by using the developersguide
> (http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/DevelopingPlugins), but
> I am facing some problems.
>
> My first problem concerns setting up the plugin environment. I have
> checked out the plugin environment with Eclipse. The Problem is, that the
> autocorrect of Eclipse doesn't work in the environment. For exempal if i
> change some code in the existing plugins, my errors are not shown. The
> icons of the classes are also a little different then usually (they have a
> hollow J). Did I make some mistake by checking out the environment?
>
> Can somebody please give me a little tutorial how to start developing a
> JOSM Plugin with Ecllipse?

I'm not at home so I don't have the details of my setup in front of me
but I do recall the videos on the developer guide page being a big
help:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide

I believe I checked out the JOSM source from the JOSM svn repository
and the plugin I wanted to modify came from the OSM repository.

Toby