[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql, direction of a virtual way (based on a route)

Igor Podolskiy igor.podolskiy at vwi-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 26 16:49:17 BST 2011

Hi,

> The new public transport schema makes it necessary to take the member roles into account.
are you sure? I thought one of the major goals of the _new_ PT schema
was precisely to eliminate this forward/backward mess with the "relation
per route variant" concept. Just looked it up [1]:

>>> The roles alternate, forward and backward should not be used any more.

On the public transport page it says basically the same in other words,
however the Relation:route still has all those "forward:stop:42" crazy
roles which have been added at some time in 2008/2009, long time before
what we now call the "new PT schema" was even proposed. I think that
wiki page is wrong/outdated, but that's not a dev issue, clearly :)

I know, there still are lots of "forwards" and "backwards" out there...
but it's the _old_ PT schema, not the new one that requires them.

Bye
Igor

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_Transport#Route_direction.2Fvariant