[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql, direction of a virtual way (based on a route)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Oct 26 17:47:17 BST 2011

Hi,

On 10/26/2011 05:22 PM, marqqs at gmx.eu wrote:
> Could it be done in osm2pgsql somehow?

Of course it *could* ;)

Problem is that I have the impression that there are a number of
non-compatible uses of all sorts of roles with regard to relations
(forward/backward, or even north/south/east/west in the US) and I am
unsure if this can be handled generally. Some people seem to use
"backward" as "this way has to be reversed to form a linestring with the
others", while others seem to use "backward" as "the bus only uses this
section of road on the return journey".

But I have not systematically looked into this. Someone should perhaps
do that. - Most route relations are probably not directional (cycle
routes come to mind).

Bye
Frederik